Fathom Events Brings Opera Fire Shut Up in My Bones Back to Cinemas on Saturday, February 12
Back by standard demand, Fathom Events will current an encore screening of the opera Fire Shut Up in My Bones in choose cinemas nationwide on Saturday, February 12. The manufacturing was initially introduced stay in cinemas on Saturday, October 23, 2021, as a part of The Met: Live in HD sequence.
Adapted from the New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow’s memoir of the identical title, Fire Shut Up in My Bones was written by Grammy-winning and Oscar-nominated composer Terence Blanchard, with a libretto by Harriet director Kasi Lemmons. (Read Boxoffice PRO‘s 2019 interview with Lemmons about that movie.)
Marking the primary opera by a black composer ever carried out by New York City’s Metropolitan Opera, the manufacturing was co-directed by James Robinson and Camille A. Brown, starring Will Liverman as Charles, Angel Blue as Greta, Latonia Moore as Billie, and 13-year-old Walter Russell III as Char’es-Baby.
The runtime is 3 hours and half-hour. Showtime and ticket info is accessible at:
Other upcoming productions in Fathom Events’ The Met: Live in HD sequence embody:
- Rigoletto on Saturday, January 29 and Wednesday, February 2.
- Ariadne auf Naxos on Saturday, March 12 and Wednesday, March 16.
- Don Carlos on Saturday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 30.
- Turandot on Saturday, May 7 and Wednesday, May 11.
- Lucia di Lammermoor on Saturday, May 21 and Wednesday, May 25.
- Hamlet on Saturday, June 4 and Wednesday, June 8.