Bollywood Report Card 2019: Crosses 5000 Crore
Here's the Report Card of Films Released in India in 2019 and cumulatively they have crossed Rs. 5195.10 Crores of Nett Collections.
Bollywood Report Card 2019: In This article, we will not talk about a movie but the overall performance of the Industry and further bifurcate them into individual categories.
- This report is compiled with data for the day ending 19th December 2019.
- All Figures mentioned are in Rs. Crores.
- We are analyzing 243 films released in India.
Bollywood Report Card 2019: Key Highlights
- The Total earnings in 2019 of all movies released in India are 5195.10 crores.
- Indian Movies Have a Market share of 76%
- While Foreign Films Have a Market Share of 24%
- While Southern Film Industries has a market share of 3.28% (This Report Does not consist of the Traditional Southern Movie market).
- Top 10 movies in this market command a market share of 44.09%
- While top 15 movies Command a market share of 58.06%
- Top 20 Movies command a Market share of 67.59%
- While Top 50 Movies Command 93.06% market share which means that out of total 243 movies only 50 movies made business sense all the other 193 movies only ended up wasting the producer’s money and could not draw enough footfalls in the theatres.
- There are two Hollywood Movies in the top 10 which are Avengers Endgame and The Lion King, the top grosser of the year is also a Hollywood Movie which is Avengers Endgame.
Top Actors of 2019:
- Akshay Kumar is the Leading Actor of 2019 with 10.63% Market share and Rs. 551.99 Crores of Collections Backing him from Three Film Kesari, Mission Mangal and Housefull 4.
- Hrithik Roshan is second with 2 film War and Super 30 giving him 8.95% Market Share and 464.85 Crores of Collections
- Shahid Kapoor With a Single Release Kabir Singh is at Spot 3 with a 5.36% Market share and 278.24 crores of collections.
- Ajay Devgan is at position 4 with 4.96% and collections of 257.87 crores powered by De De Pyaar De and Total Dhamaal.
- While Vicky Kaushal with one Release in Uri: The Surgical Strike is at position 5 with a 4.72% market share and 245.36 Crores collections backing him up.
Interestingly none of the big Khans have made an impact this year while Salman Khan will definitely join the Top 5 with Dabangg 3 already release yesterday (Current Position 6th with a Market share of 4.57%), Shahrukh Khan and Aamir Khan do not have a Release this year.
In Terms of Per Film Average The Rankings are as below:
- Shahid Kapoor
- Vicky Kaushal
- Hrithik Roshan
- Akshay Kumar
- Ajay Devgan
Top Actress of 2019:
New Comer Mrunal Earns a special mention here for Super 30 and Batla house as she is at position 6 with a market share of 4.51% and collections of 234.16 crores.